Wednesday 11 May 2011

What have you learnt about technologies from the process of constructing this product?

Throughout constructing both the opening credits product and the preliminary project I believe I have both developed and learnt a lot of skills about technologies through this process, most specifically through the filming and post production processes. Although, I did do media at school I focused more on the pre-production side so this allowed me to learn more.


The first main piece of technology I learned about was the generic filming equipment (camera, tripod) and used them in both an indoor and outdoor environment. I also learned about several different terminologies to do with camera shots (over the shoulder (OTS), tracking, panning, long shot, close up, low angle and high angle).


I believe I learned a lot more in the preliminary task as I was the only person in the group who was not in front of the camera so I was given the position of director, so I learned a lot about positioning the actors and how a certain shot should look which definitely would help for any future filming projects. However, I did find it much easier and more interesting behind the camera than in front of it which I was in the opening scene.

However, I felt I learnt a lot more about the post-production technologies especially with the editing system. It was also very interesting to see how it all comes together through cutting, adding sound, adding special effects and making sound bridges.

No comments:

Post a Comment